Saturday, August 09, 2008

John Edwards

I don't have much to say about this, save that I feel bad for the man and his family. His statement to the media pretty much says it all for me:
"In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic. If you want to beat me up feel free. You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself."
I personally thought that being egocentric and narcissistic were prerequisites for Mr. Edwards' chosen professions. He made his fortune as a personal injury lawyer and then translated himself into politics with an idealist/populist bent.

I don't doubt that he is beating himself up something fierce over this. Of course, the shrill and judgmental segment of the political blogosphere (AKA the vast majority) is joining the party.
I will defer to John 8:1-11.

Yeah, he screwed up bad. He'll atone for those mistakes to his Lord. I for one have other things to worry about, as do those who write history, AKA the MSM.

Abandon the false indignity and focus on what really matters. Please.

No comments: