Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rough Week

This has been a rough week. It may take a minute to understand, but my weekend has just started because at present I am working Friday through Monday, with Tuesday through Thursday off.

Working weekends doesn't bode well for me making it to church. I'm working a 12-hour shift this coming Saturday (again), which means that I will not be able to make the one weekend service that I usually can. I may have to start going on Wednesday nights, which is not my preference but is apparently the only option right now. I haven't been there in nearly a month, and it is weighing on me.

Aside from the usual craziness at work, I had a desktop computer stop working this weekend, so part of my day off tomorrow will be spent trying to diagnose and fix the problem. There is a swamp cooler to put into service, a wasp nest or two to eradicate, and Christmas lights begging to be taken down. I have procrastinated about this using the flimsy excuse that if the Alpine Bank Building can leave theirs up on the roof all year, so can I. It just isn't working anymore.

One redeeming quality that the last few days had to offer was the continued success of my beloved Pittsburgh Penguins, who thoroughly lambasted the Philadelphia Flyers to bring them just one step closer to the Stanley Cup:



I sat down on the couch to watch the Detroit Red Wings pummel the Dallas Stars in similar fashion tonight. It was about 7:30 when I closed my eyes, and close to 10:00 when I opened them again. I normally call Leslie at about 8:00, so I had to apologize for missing that.

In any event, we now know who we have to get through to hoist the Cup for the first time in 16 years. I hope all of you Avalanche fans will help out. After all, it's the Dead Wings...

Lots on the list for tomorrow, and judging from the paper lots to talk about in the coming days.

Best wishes for a pleasant remainder of your week.

No comments: