Monday, February 18, 2008

More from Tony Benn

I picked up the DVD of Michael Moore's Sicko last week. There are over 80 minutes of additional material on the DVD, including about 15 minutes of additional interview footage with British politician Tony Benn. I linked to Mr. Benn's contribution to the film in a previous post.

I found an excerpt of about 5 minutes of this interview where Mr. Benn is introduced, and talks about representation and voting.



Now it's pretty obvious to me that a good portion of Mr. Benn's assertions will not play well in this country, but I believe that they are interesting nonetheless.

Given the issues with administering elections in Colorado and elsewhere, one wonders what would happen if people were "queueing for miles" to vote in an American election. What a concept.

Happy President's Day.

No comments: