Friday, December 26, 2008

Luminaria


This was the humble display along part of my block on Christmas Eve. Not as magnificent and logistically challenging as the Mantey Heights display every year, which was on the front page of today's Sentinel. Nonetheless I thought it fairly successful for a first try at it. Note to self - use plumber's candles next year, or something else longer lasting. Tea lights don't last long enough.

I am a more conservative Christmas decorator. Aside from the tree, there is a flag of the Little Drummer Boy and one small door decoration. I would have put electric candles at every window had I enough of them. That's it.

The use of simple materials to symbolize the most profound message in human history has a distinct appeal to me.

I hope that your Christmas was filled with quiet joy and rest. Onward to the new year ahead.

No comments: