Friday, October 17, 2008

Udall(s) for All

I didn't know until today that our Mark Udall has a first cousin, Tom Udall, who is also running for a Senate seat in New Mexico. In fact, the possibility exists that three first cousins could be in the U.S. Senate in January. Heck, that's almost a whole team for Family Feud against the Salazars, or better yet, the Bushes.

In any case, Tom Udall has a great ad writer. I apologize in advance to those of you at places where I work (or used to) whose IT departments see fit to firewall YouTube. I'll include links to each one for when you get home.

It appears that Tom Udall is also running against an oil company shill, just like his cousin. This ad not only addresses those issues, but also the issue of negative campaigning in general:



This leads me to the latest ad from the Tom Udall campaign, released yesterday. This is one of the most poignant and potentially effective ads that I've ever seen, more so because Mr. Udall's opponent is never mentioned:



There's not much more I can add to that.

No comments: