Saturday, September 27, 2008

Forego the Financial Fracas in Favor of Festival Frenzy wth Fundraising

This weekend in Mesa County is so full of stuff do, it's almost too much to comprehend.

So while our representatives in Washington are sweating bullets trying to save their Wall Street buddies a little face (and hopefully include a little less grief for us ordinary folk), we can partake of all manner of things to do around the valley and well outside of it.

Thankfully, gas prices have come down a little bit, so if you wanted to do some driving to observe the fall colors, with a stop at Powderhorn or Mesa Lakes, you can, for a little less than you could a month or so ago.

Along with that, there are so many things to do that I can only list the highlights. A fairly complete list is here.

Evan and I enjoyed some very good Greek Food today (I can't get enough), and I saw some very nice vintage cars Downtown.

Tomorrow I will be at the Air Show. I just can't get enough of that kind of stuff, being a techie and into aviation in some ways. Memo to the Air Show folks; next time see if you can find a Harrier or two. Those are cool.

I was glad to see some admonition from the Police Department regarding the many noise complaints that were called into 9-1-1 about air show related aircraft noise. These are probably some of the same people who call 9-1-1 every year when they shoot off fireworks at JUCO, or when the power goes out. Geez...

If I had the time, I would be at some of these events too:

Fruita Fall Festival

Model T Centennial at Gateway Canyons

Palisade Sunday Farmers Market

Whatever you decide to do, don't forget KAFM and its' fall fund drive, also happening this week and into October. Make a pledge today.

Get out and enjoy, while you can.

No comments: