Monday, November 20, 2006

Silent Key

Got back into town late last night. Earlier Saturday I was informed of the tragic and untimely death of Brian Gould, KB0MEP, who was killed this past Thursday in a traffic accident on his way home from work as a Paramedic for Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins.

I never met Brian personally, but through our hobby of radio monitoring we communicated and shared quite a bit. Brian was the editor and webmaster of the ScanColorado scanner frequency guide and website, which I helped to edit with western slope frequency information after I moved here in 1995. Related articles in Denver area media will probably do a lot more justice to his legacy than I could ever hope to.

As I type this, Brian's memorial service is getting underway in Fort Collins. Please remember Brian and his family in your thoughts and prayers today.

No comments: